Acrylic is a synthetic fiber that is often used as an upholstery fabric. It is also used in different blends. Acrylic imitates wool. It is available in a number of vivid colors that make acrylic upholstered furniture a perfect addition to informal sitting areas.
- Acrylic is a soft fabric.
- It is easy to wash and clean.
- It dries quickly.
- It is available in vivid colors.
- It is sun-safe, which means it can be used as outdoor fabric for outdoor furniture.
Olefin is a petroleum-based synthetic fiber. It is extremely durable and is perfectly suited for places where the furniture is used quite roughly and receives a great deal of wear. Resembling the look and feel of wool, olefin is one of the most long-lasting types of upholstery fabric.
- Olefin is made from melted plastic, which makes it water-resistant.
- It is resistant to chemicals and fire.
- Any stains that are water-based can be cleaned easily from olefin upholstery.
- It is resistant to fading.
- It can be cleaned with bleach.
- The color of the fabric is consistent throughout as the dye is added to the melted plastic, rather than dying the fabric after it is woven.
Chenille is a French word for caterpillar. It is a super-soft, naturally obtained fabric. Chenille is a very stretchable fabric which means that backing is necessary. Chenille is most commonly used as an upholstery fabric for children’s furniture or comfort furniture pieces since it is considered a casual fabric.
- It is a very soft fabric.
- It is durable.
- Chenille fabric can be conveniently cleaned at home.
- Chenille upholstered furniture is very comfortable.
- It is available in a number of colors.